Ford * Lincoln * GM

Not Just The Cars, But The Men [Edsel * Gerald * Abe]

Christmas countdown banner

Monday, December 05, 2005

Edsel Ford (Part 6)

I think Edsel was only 5'6", but I have read that he was 5'4". Whatever his diminutive size, he was a strong willed person.

I don't like doing this, but I have to show some of Edsel's toughness through his father's meanness. During World WarI Edsel was of drafting age. Henry kept Edsel out. (I must say that I can understand Henry doing this as it was his only son and child). This caused much agony for Edsel defending himself against the press. Edsel was ridiculed mercilessly. Edsel defended himself by stating he would have gone to the war and done his duty. But they didn't care. I think Edsel carried this one his whole life.

If this is to be accurate, the sad tales of Edsel will have to be told to show how strong he was. This will continue in the next segment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home